Math Tuition – Elementary Mathematics | E Math
E Math or Elementary Mathematics, a subject compulsory for students taking O Level or IP year 3 and 4 programme. The subject built upon the fundamentals acquired from Secondary 1 and 2 Mathematics. The topics will be covered in E Math in greater depth while students master new and more complex concepts. Our Math Tuition programme provides the support and guidance needed to manage this change.
With a small class size of 6 (max 8), we ensure that every student receive our dedicated attention. We champion consistency and active learning in students, equipping them with the skills and wits to carve out their edge in Mathematics / Math and eventually Ace the ‘O’ Level examination.
To prepare students for O-Level success and beyond, our students will be exposed to topical revision through comprehensive concept maps and noteworthy past examination questions. Students will further solidify their examination skills through error analysis exercises and practice tests.
E Math Tuition Curriculum
- Solutions to Quadratic Equations
- Indices and Standard Form
- Linear Inequalities
- Graphs of Power Functions
- Graphs of Exponential Functions
- Estimation of the gradient of a curve
- Graphs applied to Kinematics
- Congruent and Similar Triangles
- Area and Volume of Similar Figures and Solids
- Geometrical Properties of Circles
- Trigonometrical Ratios
- Further Trigonometry
- Sine-Cosine Rules
- Area of Triangles
- Vector additions
- Collinear points
- Parallel vectors
- Magnitude of vectors
Real World Problems
- logical reasonings and analysis
- Arc length, sector area, radian measure
- Gradient of a straight line
- Length of a straight line
- Equation of a straight line
Statistic and Data Analysis
- Tree diagram
- Probability matrix
- Cumulative Frequency Curve
- Lower quartile
- Upper quartile
- Inter quartile range and standard deviation
- Mode, Median and Mean
- Set Notation
- Venn Diagram
Math Tuition Highlights
- Cover new topics such as Indices and Standard Form, Coordinate Geometry, Graphs of Functions and Graphical Solutions, Further Trigonometry and its Applications, Circular Measure, Area and Volume of Similar Figures and Solids and Geometrical Properties of Circles.
- Revise, reinforce and expand knowledge on topics from the lower secondary Mathematics syllabus during weekly Math Tuition.
Skills and Techniques
- Learn how to integrate existing knowledge from lower secondary with upper secondary topics in order to tackle questions.
- Math tuition focus on building a strong foundation in conceptual knowledge.
- Hone their presentation skills and answering techniques to Math Exam Questions.
- Acquire analytical and communication skills that will enable them to make inferences, draw logical conclusions and evaluate solutions.
Revision and Reinforcement
- Towards Mid or End of Year Exam, APM’s Math Tuition focuses on revising and mastering all the topics through practice tests and revision handouts, which include questions that test foundational knowledge and examination questions
- Hone key examination skills such as time management and error analysis with practices on specific question types
Key Features of Our E Math Tuition Classes
Small Class Size
2 to 8 students
Conducive Learning Environment
Reinforcing current school topics
1 to 1 Coaching
Hones Exam Skills
Time Management Skills
Exam Questions Training
Proven Track Records
> 86% Scoring A
> 93% improvement
2 Hrs Weekly (Sec & JC)
1.5 Hrs Weekly (Pri)
Mike is very happy you taught him and confident he will pass his MYE